Dear Whittle School & Studios Community,
We acutely recognize the uncertainty that we in the United States have lived with since the COVID-19 shelter-in-place orders were given. Now that cities across the country are slowly re-opening, we would like to share with you our own plans for re-opening in September 2020.
We seek to provide an education that places the well-being of our students at the forefront while maintaining the Whittle values that brings us all together as one community. The safety and security of your child is our top priority. To that end:
- We will open on September 8, 2020, with the boarding program beginning September 6th.
- All students will attend school every day.
- We have a detailed plan in place to screen students daily.
- We also have a plan in place to limit the number of students in any one space.
- This document details these plans in specificity.
Whittle School & Studios
Please note: This document will be updated throughout the summer based on further guidance from the Center for Disease Control and DC Government and is subject to change.
How has our Shenzhen Campus handled reopening?
Our Shenzhen campus began its re-opening process in late April, with Upper School students returning first. By mid-May, all divisions had returned safely. Shenzhen developed and implemented strict health and safety guidelines for the return to campus, and once again DC has benefitted from being part of a global school network, as we learn from Shenzhen’s example. Please see the below articles to learn more about how Shenzhen has successfully managed their re-opening.