Our ancillary education offerings are called Studios. Studios are how we allow students to grow their passions, deepen areas of expertise and interest, experiment, and develop personalized portfolio projects. Studios enable educational exploration along multiple humanities and science, technology, engineering, & mathematics (STEM) pathways. Through an interdisciplinary and creative approach to learning about the world,
Studios allow us to develop and test innovative teaching and learning approaches that may ultimately become part of our full-time program.
Our Studios are designed to cultivate student agency, creative problem solving, and cutting-edge use of educational technology. Guided work in Studios pathways steadily nurtures the kind of emotional intelligence required for positive teamwork and global leadership. Student progress is fueled by curiosity and the depth and breadth of their interests. Studios extend the Whittle education beyond the school day and are open to the greater community, including adults.
Children and adults will have the opportunity to engage in pathways that are aligned with our core educational programming: from Robotics Maker Labs, to Global Storytelling, to food science and nutrition classes. Each Studios pathway will culminate in a project-based portfolio that students will digitally archive. Our advisors will ensure that students are exploring their full potential through a learning trajectory curated specifically for them.
Studios will launch at our campuses in Shenzhen, China, and Washington, DC, United States in the fall of 2019.
Studios pathways take place before, during, and after the traditional school day, as well as evenings, weekends, and holidays in several key content areas.
Delivered to different ages and targeting different developmental levels, the content areas are:
- Health and Wellness: Initial offerings will focus on exercise for the body and mind, wilderness adventures, and a variety of sports including archery, badminton, fencing, futsal, martial arts, and table tennis.
- Humanities: Initial offerings will be Global Storytelling and Peace Games.
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM): Maker Space, Robotics, and Young Scientists Club
- Arts: Focus on global art exploration, dance, and performance.
- Advisory: One-on-one and small group tutoring, coaching and specialized instruction, college prep advisory, and boarding school advisory.
We review candidates based on four program areas:
- Core Curriculum: Our interdisciplinary and experiential approach
- Global Perspectives: Mastering tools to tackle the world’s challenges
- Personalized Pathways: Student-led learning guided by caring advisors
- Beyond the Core: Explore passions and discover interests
We invite you to view our open studios positions. Before beginning your application, please note that all Studios applications will require:
- Your resume in English (and Chinese if applying for a China site)
- A cover letter in English (and Chinese if applying for a China site) indicating your fit with the Whittle philosophy, the Studios approach, and your interest in working at our Studios sites.
*All applicants must meet the immigration requirements to lawfully work and reside in the country where the position is located. We do not sponsor immigration to the United States.