Whittle School & Studios is a new global network of Preschool to Grade 12, co-educational campuses.
We believe that all children are naturally curious and born to be great thinkers. Working with expert faculty, students will cultivate the skills, creativity, and character to address the world’s most pressing challenges. As students progress through each level of academics, personalized pathways, and dynamic international experiences, they will grow as thinkers, makers, scholars, collaborators, and global citizens.
Our curriculum focuses on:
- Deep skill and content mastery
- Interdisciplinary, project-based learning
- Experiential learning
- Choice and voice
This approach encourages students to weave connections among the artistic, intellectual, social, ethical, physical, and emotional threads of their learning. A Whittle School & Studios graduate is an independent thinker and a compassionate, humble, lifelong learner who wants to contribute to the world.
We currently seek talented and qualified preschool to grade 12 instructors in teaching, leadership, and student support roles for our Shenzhen, China and Washington, DC campuses and Studios sites, which will open in the fall of 2019. Our campuses will be comprised of four divisions: Early Learning, Lower School, Middle School, and Upper School; serving students from pre-school through grade 12.
These are some of the roles and content areas we are scouting for:
- Faculty early learning teachers; the humanities (history, geography, and social science); language and literature (Chinese/Mandarin, Spanish, and English); STEM; visual arts; performing arts; music; wellness & physical education
- Faculty that will serve as mentors, coaches, team leaders, and more
- Learning specialists
- Associate teachers
- Counsellors, clinicians and other support staff
- Division heads and other leadership roles
- Studios instructors and assistant instructors
The hiring process for our Washington, DC and Shenzhen, China campuses is underway, with employment beginning on July 1, 2019. Whittle has established a three-phase application, selection, and hiring process:
- PHASE 1: initial application with a letter of interest and resume
- PHASE 2: a video interview for candidates who advance
- PHASE 3: a campus-based interview performance task, executive interview, and visit for candidates who advance
Our campus faculty positions are displayed by campus location and division (Early Learning, Lower, Middle, and Upper School). If you are interested in multiple locations, you will need to complete separate applications for each location.
Before beginning your application, please note that all campus faculty applications will require:
- Your resume in English
- A cover letter in English indicating your fit with the Whittle philosophy, approach, and ideal candidate characteristics; including experience with project-based, student-centered, experiential learning.
*All applicants must meet the immigration requirements to lawfully work and reside in the country where the position is located. We do not sponsor immigration to the United States.