Whittle School & Studios is a new global network of PreK-12 co-educational campuses.
We believe that all children are naturally curious and born to be great thinkers. Working with expert faculty, students will cultivate the skills, creativity, and character to address the world’s most pressing challenges. As students progress through each level of academics, personalized pathways, and dynamic international experiences, they will grow as thinkers, makers, scholars, collaborators, and global citizens.
Our curriculum focuses on:
- Deep skill and content mastery
- Interdisciplinary, project-based learning
- Experiential learning
- Choice and voice
This approach encourages students to weave connections among the artistic, intellectual, social, ethical, physical, and emotional threads of their learning. A Whittle School & Studios’ graduate is an independent thinker and a compassionate, humble, lifelong learner who wants to contribute to the world.
We invite you to View Our Open Campus Positions and to download the PDF below to learn more about the characteristics of our ideal candidate. If you do not see an obvious match, please check back with us on a regular basis for future career possibilities.
We currently seek talented and qualified PreK-12 educators in teaching, leadership, and student support roles for our Shenzhen, China and Washington, D.C. campuses and Studios’ sites, which will open Fall 2019. Our campuses will be comprised of four divisions: Early Learning, Lower School, Middle School, and Upper School, serving students from Preschool through Grade 12.
- Faculty Early Learning teachers; the Humanities (history, geography, and social science); Language and Literature (Chinese/Mandarin, Spanish, and English); STEM; Visual Arts; Performing Arts; Music; Wellness & Physical Education
- Faculty that will serve as mentors, coaches, team leaders, and more
- Learning Specialists
- Associate Teachers
- Counsellors, Clinicians and other support staff
- Division Heads and other leadership roles
- Studios’ Instructors/Educators and Assistant Instructors/Educators
The hiring process for our Washington, DC and Shenzhen, China campuses is underway, with employment beginning on July 1, 2019, and contracts being issued starting in December 2018. Whittle has established a three-phase application, selection, and hiring process:
- PHASE 1: will include an initial application requiring a letter of interest and a resume.
- PHASE 2: for candidates who advance, includes a video interview.
- PHASE 3: for candidates who advance, will include a campus-based interview performance task, executive interview, and visit.
While our campus faculty positions are displayed by division (Early Learning, Lower, Middle, and Upper School), the application provides an option for you to indicate other division levels in which you have experience and/or are interested in. If you are interested in multiple locations, you will need to complete separate applications for each location only.
Before beginning your application, please note that all campus faculty applications will require:
- Your resume in English
- A cover letter in English indicating your fit with the Whittle philosophy, approach, and ideal candidate characteristics, including experience with project-based, student-centered, experiential learning
*All applicants must meet the immigration requirements to lawfully work and reside in the country where the position is located. We do not sponsor immigration to the United States.